Dr. Gafanovich is a board-certified internal medicine physician affiliated with Weill Cornell. She offers high a standard of medical care and an unparalleled level of dedication to her patients. In our office, we know that you are entrusting us with the most precious work
of keeping you and your family healthy!
We are dedicated to providing you with the best, most professional, and compassionate care. We believe in an integrated and humanistic approach to primary care, in treating the patient rather than just the disease.
We spend time taking a thorough history to understand the nature of a patientís needs, complaints, and fears. Our goal is to integrate the biological, psychological, and social factors that affect the state of health for each individual. Our philosophy is to treat the unerlying problem as well as the symptoms. We focus on primary and secondary prevention of diseases to build a healthy foundation for the future of each patient.
We are our patients' best advocates. We aim to teach our patients to recognize the tremendous healing potential that they have within themselves. Our goal is to help our patients medically and be able to hear their concerns. We review results of the tests and consulting physicians' suggestions together with the patient and decide the best treatment plan.
Some of the services offered at our office include:
* Abdominal Aorta Screening (for Aortic Aneurysm)
* Chest X-Ray (performed, developed, and read by MD on premises)
* Cholesterol Panel (performed on-site)
* Electrocardiogram (ECG)
* Fast and effective tests for Influenza A and B
* Hearing Tests
* INR (blood clotting) Testing
* Medical clearances for college students
* Non-invasive Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) testing
* Phlebotomy Blood Draws
* Pre-employment medical clearances, including PPD testing
* Pre-operative clearances (our pre-op clearances are completed in 48 to 72 hours)
* Pulmonary function testing
* Mononucleosis (Mono) testing
* 'Rapid Strep' testing for pharyngitis
* Routine Vaccinations, including:
o Flu Shots (including H1N1)
o Hepatitis A and B
# Same-day CAT scans, ultrasounds, or any other imaging via Weill Cornell Medical Center , Lenox Hill Radiology, or East River Imaging imaging facilities.
# School/Summer Camp medical clearance for adults 18 and over.
# Urine Pregnancy Testing